2/3 cup wheat starch (tung mein fun)
2/3 cup boiling water
(stir boiling water into wheat starch slowly till combined, as shown as below picture)
2 cups glutinous rice flour
3/4 to 1 cup water
5 tbsp sugar
Method for dough:
(1) add ingredients (B) into (A) and then knead till a soft & smooth dough is formed.
(2) then divide into 18-20 portions dough balls.
(3) flatten each dough by using a flat knife or dough cutter (by pressing).
(4) place in fillings and then seal nicely.
(5) finally, deep fried them till golden brown.
Ingredients for Jicama fillings:
200-300gm jicama, shredded (one small size)
1 carrot, shredded
1 inch fresh ginger, cut into strips
salt & pepper
1 tspn vegetarian oyster sauce
Method Jicama filling:
(1) preheat frying pan with a little oil.
(2) fry ginger till brown and then add in jicama & carrot.
(3) off the heat after simmer for about 2 mins.
(4) stir in salt & pepper and the sauce, mix well.
(5) cool to room temperature before used.
Ingredients for Pork & Mushroom filling:
1 Cup of mince pork or chicken
3 pieces of shitake mushroom (soften and diced)
1 small carrot ( diced)
1 small onion (diced)
2 tsp of mince garlic
1spring onion (chopped)
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp cornstarch mix with 1 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
Method for Pork filling:
Stir fry garlic, onion until fragrant and add in the minced meat and mushrooms, add the rest of the vegetables and simmer until meat are cooked, with about tbsp of liquid left. Add seasoning and put cornstarch in last to thicken up the sauce.