Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Yield: 2 to 3 serves
360 gm gold sweet potato
1 Tbsp raw sugar
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp ground paprika
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Place a baking tray on the middle rack of oven. Preheat the oven at 220C/428F.
- Peel the sweet potato, or keep the skin if you like. Cut into strips, about 2 to 2½cm in thickness. Transfer into a large bowl. Add sugar, ginger powder, paprika, salt and oil. Mix well and coat the sweet potato evenly.
- Remove the preheated tray from the oven. Quickly arrange the sweet potato onto it. Put it back into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, take the tray out and turn the sweet potato to the other side. Continue to bake until cooked through and evenly brown.
- I didn’t rinse the sweet potato. If you’d like to rinse the sweet potato, make sure to wait until it dries completely before moving onto cooking. Otherwise, the sweet potato chips would become mushy.
- Pre-heating the empty baking tray will help the surface of sweet potato chips turn brown and crispy.
- The raw sugar will help add a caramelized flavour to the sweet potato after baking. You might skip it if you want.
- Ground paprika is not hot after all, just help enrich the taste of the sweet potato.
- The ginger powder goes so well with the sweet potato. You might adjust the amount to your liking.