Picture from little japan mama
This is a recipe I would really like to try, but yet to buy the flat pan to be able to start. Adapted this recipe from little japan mama site. Makes 10-12 crepes in a 30cm frypan.
1 cup self rising flour
1 and 3/4 cups milk (room temp, or microwave 30sec)
30g melted butter (1 oz)
1 tbsp sugar
- Sift flour, sugar, pinch salt into a bowl
- Beat in eggs and half the milk. Beat until all lumps are gone.
- Add the rest of the milk, add butter and beat again.
- Stand at room temperature 15-30 mins
- Pour a little into a pre-heated, non stick fry pan (can use a regular fry pan, greased with a tiny bit of butter) (another option is spread the batter with a crepe tool or teppanyaki/okonomiyaki spatula)
- Cook over med-high heat until under side is golden brown. (About 2 mins)
- Lift the edges of the crepe and flip the crepe. Cook just 30 sec or so on the second side.
- Fill crepe however you like.
Tips for making cone-shaped crepes:
- Place filling on just one quarter of the crepe. Do not past the crentre-point or it will be difficult to fold.
- If adding ice cream, use just tiny scoop.
- Fold the crepe in half, with the centre of the filling on the fold line.
- Roll the crepe starting from the filled part, pivoting on the centre point until you have created a cone.
- To make chocolate crepe just add 3 tbsp sifted pure chocolate cocoa to this recipe.
- To make them crispier, flip again (back to the first side) and cook on medium heat for another minute.
Can't wait to try this recipe, will update once I have tested them.