Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 10 min
185 grams chicken thighs - boneless skinless (~1 large thigh) cut into bite-size pieces
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon potato starch
1/8 teaspoon five spice powder
Chow mein sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 grams garlic (~ 1 small clove) minced
40 grams carrots (~1/4 carrot) peeled and julienned
100 grams bok choy (~1 head) chopped
325 grams noodles
20 grams scallions (~2 scallions) sliced
- Put the chicken thighs, 2 teaspoons oyster sauce, Shaoxing, black pepper, potato starch and five spice powder in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Let the chicken marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To make the chow mein sauce, put the water, oyster sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat until hot and then add the vegetable oil, marinated chicken and garlic. Spread the chicken into a single layer. Let the chicken brown and then flip.
- As soon as you flip the chicken, add the carrots. Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
- Add the bok choy, noodles and sauce. If your noodles are stuck together, add a little extra water with the sauce, cover the pan with a lid and steam the noodles until they come apart. Otherwise stir-fry, until the bok choy is cooked through and the noodles are evenly coated with sauce.
- Add the scallions, toss to distribute evenly and then serve immediately.