Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2-3
2 lbs (900g) chicken drumsticks or bone-in thighs, preferably skin removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4" ginger, minced (half the amount of garlic)
4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoon pineapple juice
2-3 tablespoon light brown sugar *
1 tablespoon rice wine, optional
1 teaspoon sesame oil
dashes of black pepper
* Adjust the amount of sugar depends on your preference.
- Place chicken in a non-stick surfaced skillet.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the rest ingredients except the sesame seeds to make sauce, drizzle the sauce over chicken.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or foil and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn your meat to the other side and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
- Remove the cover, raise the heat to medium-high. The sauce will start to boil rapidly.
- Continue to thicken the sauce; the sugar in the sauce will be caramelized and the sauce will turn into a thick glaze. Toss the chicken occasionally to coat evenly as you thicken the glaze.
- Be careful not to burn the glaze. You might need to reduce the heat at the last minutes.
- When you see the most glaze sticks to chicken and become slightly dry to the bottom of skillet, they are done. Remove the skillet form the heat and sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken.