Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 2-4
1lb sweet potatoes
3 tablespoon sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoon toasted chopped pecan
- Rinse and scrub sweet potato to clean. Towel dry to remove the moisture on the skin. Cut them into about 1" thick pieces.
- Place potato pieces in a non-stick surfaced skillet in a single layer without overlapping.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over the sweet potato pieces. Cover the skillet with a lid and place over medium heat.
- When you hear the sizzling sounds (in about 2 minutes), reduce the heat to low. Occasionally shake the skillet by holding a handle with one hand and holding the lid with the other hand. This will help to caramelize evenly on the potatoes. Cook the potatoes in this manner for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and flip the sweet potato pieces to the other side. Continue to cook for additional 1-2 minutes shaking occasionally.
- Test with a knife to check if the potatoes are tender and coated with sugar caramel.
- You an add the honey or corn syrup to give more shine and sweetness.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, orange zest, and pecan on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from beyondkimchee.com