500 g lemon
500 g granulated sugar
- Wash lemons in cold water. Scrub with baking soda, rinse.
- Scrub with salt to remove the waxy coating. Rinse well and towel dry completely.
- Slice the lemons thinly, remove all the seeds inside.
- Mix lemon slices with sugar in a large mixing bowl. Pour the lemon and the sugary syrup in a airtight glass jar(s). Let them sit on a room temperature for 3 days, turning upside down everyday to evenly distribute the sugar. Store the jars in a dark and cool place.
- Refrigerate the syrup once the jar is opened.
- Avoid using a metal utensil to spoon up the syrup to keep it fresh tasting. Also be careful not to add any moisture inside the jar, which can cause the mold.
Recipe from beyondkimchee.com